Cauliflower has so many health benefits: it can help fight cancer, improve heart health, it’s rich in vitamins and minerals, improves digestion… the list goes on and on! But, it can get kind of boring when you’re just steaming it. Bland and boring veggies are never exciting to see on the dinner table!
Being inspired by Halloween, I decided to try a new take on cauliflower with my “roasted brains” recipe!
1 x 2lb cauliflower head, green leaves and tough stalk removed
1 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
Zest of 1 lime
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Oil a pie pan and set it aside.
- Combine all ingredients except the cauliflower in medium bowl and mix to completely combine.
- Dip the head of cauliflower into the mayonnaise mixture to coat, then use a spatula to cover any exposed areas with the mixture. Ensure total cauliflower coverage. Refrigerate any leftover mayonnaise mixture and use it as a dip for vegetables or a sauce for chicken later.
- Roast the cauliflower head on the middle rack of the oven for 45-60 minutes, until the top begins to brown and the cauliflower is tender when pierced.
- Allow the cauliflower to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy warm!