Whether you serve them as a cocktail party appetizer or after school snack, these bite-sized mouthfuls are sure to please even the pickiest of palates. Move over Bacon Wrapped Dates, there’s a new covered fruit in town. ?
Prosciutto Wrapped Persimmons
4 large, ripe Fuyu persimmons
16 slices Prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse the persimmons, dry them, and cut them into 8 wedges.
- Transfer the wedges to a large bowl and toss them with the lemon juice. Sprinkle the spice blend over them and toss to lightly coat each piece.
- When the persimmon wedges are seasoned, take one strip of prosciutto and wrap it around 1 persimmon wedge. Repeat until all prosciutto has been used and the persimmon wedges are wrapped in deliciousness.
- Arrange the wedges on the parchment lined baking sheet so they lay on one of their broad sides.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip them to the other side, and bake another 5 minutes (so both sides get nice and golden!).
- Allow the wedges to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving warm. Enjoy!