This spin on the well-known tahini dip is the “Paleo” version – meaning it’s bean-free and made almost entirely out of vegetables and seeds! It’s a nutrient-filled, light alternative to traditional hummus but makes a great snack, spread, or side dish just like regular stuff 🙂
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
(makes about 2 ½ cups)
2 large red bell peppers
2-3 tbsp avocado oil, for roasting
1 cup chopped zucchini
1 large clove garlic, crushed or finely minced
½ cup tahini
⅓ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
Sea salt, to taste (I used 1 tsp)
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Remove the stem, seeds, and veins from the peppers, and cut them in half. Rub the peppers with oil to cover.
- Place the peppers skin side up on a baking sheet and broil them for 3-7 minutes, checking to make sure they blister but don’t burn too much. When the skin begins to blacken, flip the peppers so they skin side is down and roast another 3-7 minutes, until they are just cooked.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Chill until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy!