This simple chicken salad reminds me of picnics and summertime – but it’s delicious any time of year! It’s a basic recipe, so you can feel free to make adjustments as you like. The easy, fresh protein-packed salad is especially yummy when you make your own homemade mayonnaise as the base for the dressing!
Simple Chicken Salad
Makes 4 servings
4 cups shredded chicken
¾ cup mayonnaise
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp poppy seeds
Salt, to taste
½ cup finely chopped celery
½ cup sliced grapes
3 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
Lettuce or baby spinach, to serve
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, lemon juice, poppy seeds, and salt and stir to combine. Set the dressing aside.
- Transfer the chicken to a large mixing bowl and top with the dressing. Mix to completely coat the chicken with the dressing.
- Add the grapes, celery, and pecans and mix to combine.
- Serve chilled on a bed of lettuce or baby spinach.
- Enjoy! This salad can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container up to 3 days.