I bet you never thought you’d hear those words in the same sentence – “Healthy chocolate candy”… or may you know chocolate can be healthy, but you don’t know how easy it can be to make it yourself. Well, I’m happy I get to share this recipe with you! Whether you’re making sweets for your sweetie or want something to satisfy your sweet tooth, these chocolate are quick and simple to put together and way better for you than the stuff you buy at the store!
Healthy 4-Ingredient Chocolate Candy
6 oz baker’s chocolate or raw cacao paste
3 oz cacao butter
⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
1 tsp powdered vanilla bean
¼ tsp salt, optional
- Create a double boiler using a pyrex or glass mixing bowl and a small saucepan. Fill the saucepan with 2-3 inches of water, set the bowl in the mouth of the saucepan, and heat over medium-low until the water simmers.
- Add the baker’s chocolate and cacao butter to the glass bowl and allow to melt.
- When the chocolate and cacao butter are melted, remove the entire double boiler from the stove and transfer to a heatproof countertop or trivet.
- Add the honey or maple syrup, vanilla, and optional salt and whisk to completely combine.
- Carefully pour the chocolate into prepared silicone molds, or line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the chocolate over the pan to create chocolate bark.
- Chill for 1-2 hours or overnight. Store in the fridge. Enjoy!
Tips For Making Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- Make sure strawberries are well rinsed and completely dried before dipping.
- Allow the strawberries to come to room temperature so the chocolate sticks easily.
- Sprinkle dipped berries with cacao nibs or toasted chopped pecans for added texture and yumminess 🙂