1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup creamy almond butter
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup arrowroot starch
1/4 cup coconut flour
2–3 tsp pumpkin pie spice or 1/2 tsp ginger + 1/4 tsp nutmeg + 2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans, plus more for garnish
- Combine the pumpkin, almond butter, honey, maple syrup, and vanilla in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the arrowroot starch, spices, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to form a smooth batter. Allow the batter to sit and thicken 5-10 minutes.
- While the batter sets, preheat the oven to 325º.
- Finally fold in ⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans.
- Transfer the batter to a parchment lined 8×8 baking dish and sprinkle additional pecans over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 5 days.