Soup is one of my favorite – and one of the easiest – ways to get in a ton of veggies easily. Soup is simple and can be fast to throw together, plus you can make a big batch of it so you have an instant meal or snack ready to go when you’re hungry.
My trick for making 3-ingredient soup is to keep it simple (obviously) – all you need is:
- 1 lb of vegetables (I love carrots, sweet potatoes, or broccoli for this)
- 1 onion
- 1 quart of bone broth
That’s all you need to get started! But if you want to dress it up a little, other yummy additions include:
- Herbs like rosemary, oregano, or thyme
- Spices like yellow curry powder, cinnamon, or paprika
- More veggies (like celery, which is a common ingredient in most soups)
- Coconut Milk
Here’s how to put your own soup together:
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil or ghee over medium heat in a medium to large saucepan
- Rinse, scrub, and chop your veggies and your onion.
- When the oil is hot, add the veggies and the onion to the oil and cook until they are lightly browned and softened, about 7-10 minutes.
- At this point, you’ll also add any of your herbs, spices, or garlic you’d like to use.
- When the veggies are browned, add your bone broth and bring it up to a boil. Boil the soup for 3-5 minutes, or until the veggies are completely tender.
- At this point you can enjoy you soup as-is, or transfer it to a blender to blend into a puree (which is my preferred method.)
- Add salt to taste, serve hot, and enjoy!