3-Ingredient Soup To Get Your Veggies
Soup is one of my favorite – and one of the easiest – ways to get in a ton of veggies easily.
Soup is simple and can be fast to throw together, plus you can make a big batch of it so you have an instant meal or snack ready to go when you’re hungry.
Plus, when you use a quality bone broth base, soup becomes a gut-healing superfood!
Boiling and blending the vegetables will also make them easier to digest, so if you have trouble with certain vegetables soup can be a great way to incorporate them into your diet.
The bottom line: If you’re looking for a comforting, hearty, healthy side dish look no further than a simple soup.
I absolutely love this flavor profile, but I realize not everyone shares my love for broccoli. Regardless of if you’re a yay or ney for this particular curried broccoli flavor, you can make any of your favorite veggies into a pureed soup quickly and easily.
The key to making soup is to keep it simple! All you really need is three ingredients:
- 1 lb of vegetables (I love carrots, sweet potatoes, or broccoli for this)
- 1 onion
- 1 quart of bone broth
That’s all you need to get started! But if you want to dress it up a little, other yummy additions include:
- Herbs like rosemary, oregano, or thyme
- Spices like yellow curry powder, cinnamon, or paprika
- More veggies (like celery, which is a common ingredient in most soups)
- Coconut Milk
Once you’ve decided on your ingredients, here’s how to put your own soup together:
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil or ghee over medium heat in a medium to large saucepan
- Rinse, scrub, and chop your veggies and your onion.
- When the oil is hot, add the veggies and the onion to the oil and cook until they are lightly browned and softened, about 7-10 minutes. At this point, you’ll also add any of your herbs, spices, or garlic you’d like to use.
- When the veggies are browned, add your bone broth and bring it up to a boil.
- Boil the soup for 3-5 minutes, or until the veggies are completely tender.
- At this point you can enjoy you soup as-is, or transfer it to a blender to blend into a puree (which is my preferred method.)
- Add salt to taste, serve hot, and enjoy!
See? I told you it was simple! Once you’ve tried the basics, you can start to get more creative with your vegetable choices and flavors. If you want to follow my exact recipe for Curried Broccoli Soup, you’ll find it below.
And if you like this recipe and want to start incorporating more gut healthy foods into your diet, make sure to download my free 101 Gut Healing Foods list. Different foods can affect your health both positively and negatively….but small adjustments can lead to big changes!
With this list of 101 foods, you’ll know exactly what to focus on for a healthy gut so you can eliminate bloating, headaches, skin conditions, alleviate autoimmune flare-ups, and overall feel better and more comfortable and confident in your body. Download it now!